Is this you?
- Are you a recognized expert in your field?
- Have you achieved a certain degree of public profile?
- Do you already have a completed draft manuscript, and have complete ownership of all rights to it?
- Does your subject area cover both personal and corporate success?
- Do you expect to (or do you currently) earn your living as a speaker, trainer, coach, or management consultant?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial flair – and can prove it?
If this sounds like you, then we would love to receive your completed book proposal. Please send it to request (at) knowledgetoactionpress dot com.
A book proposal is the “business plan” for the book. Our experience suggests that if you (as the author or agent) are unable to “sell” the business case to us, it is unlikely that the book itself will sell in the marketplace. We prefer to receive book proposals with the following sections:
- Executive Summary (Describe your proposed book. Imagine a book buyer reading this: why would they order it for their store?)
- Target Audience (Is there a demand for your proposed title?)
- Competition (What else is there that competes with your book?)
- About the Author (Your background: why should you be the one who writes the book? Your “Platform”.)
- Marketing and Promotion (How should the book be promoted? What will you do to promote the book?)
- Detailed table of contents.
- Sample Chapters.